Thursday, January 14, 2010

Blanket Origami

Yes, this is possibly the most ridiculous post ever. I hate folding blankets. Especially the heavier quilted stable blankets. They’re puffy and slippery and just do NOT want to stay folded nicely on the blanket racks. If I’m being honest, I will admit that I struggle with even a cooler…though that is my “favorite” if you can call something that only mildly irritates you a favorite anything.

I have tried different techniques, different fold patterns, if you will. Still, I am most often left with something not entirely completely unlike a rectangle. Then there are the buckles and straps that seem to multiply with every fold. What the heck do you do with those??


It’s not like I am trying to create complex blanket origami here, like those towels at resorts. I would be satisfied with a neat square or rectangle hanging nicely over the bar.


I try to be considerate and not have the extra blankets drooping down to the blanket rack below which belongs to another boarder. I try to be considerate and make sure the blankets aren’t dragging on the ground.

But seriously. This really shouldn’t be so difficult for me. Should it?


5 comments:

Melissa-ParadigmFarms said...

Oh yes, it really IS that hard, at least for me! I finally learned to have the blanket folded in half like it would be if it were on the horse. Then I fold that in half lengthwise again, then fold it in on itself to hang over the rack. It is a pain but I can usually stuff them in there with room for another blanket to fit on the rack. The big, puffy blankets are the worst!

RuckusButt said...

Ah, misery loves company, thanks! Your method works quite well, I tried it out tonight! The chest part is still bugging me cause they aren't square and want to slide out of the slippery blankets.

But tonight I discovered the worst part about blankets - getting the horse from turnout and having a HUGE tear in the outer blanket. Why does this stuff always happen on my (aka "the leaser") days? Hate sending those emails to the owner. Grrr.

Once Upon an Equine said...

Ha-ha, that is funny. I don't blanket now, but you brought back the memory of trying to fold and hang them neatly and never succeeding. It's like folding a fitted sheet. You have to find satisfaction of a job well done in another task.

Melissa-ParadigmFarms said...

Ah, yes, the ripped blanket, an even bigger pain in the rear than trying to fold and hang the darn things! Grrrrrr

HorseOfCourse said...

Never thought of it, lol!

And teared blanket's first aid is silver tape...do you have it over there?